Three Points Elementary Emergency Procedures
Bellevue Christian School has well established emergency procedures for the safety of your children, your family, and all BCS faculty and staff. All school personnel have been trained in Earthquake, Fire, Lockdown, Evacuation and other emergency 'events'. Each staff member has been trained and has an assigned role and will be doing their best to care for your student(s).
In the event of any emergency affecting the school
Remember that our first concern is for the safety of your children, and all actions will have safety as our first concern.
- Remember that phone lines may either not be working or may be overloaded and busy
- If you are able to call the school, be assured that school personnel are taking care of the students safety first and may not be able to answer the phone.
- Remember that the process of insuring all student safety includes evacuating classrooms, conducting building searches/safety checks and accounting for all people on campus. Please understand we will not be able to release students until safety allows us to do so.
If you come to the campus to pick up your child(ren):
School personnel will be ready to greet you at your car when you arrive on campus, AFTER all initial safety checks have been completed. In order for us to insure the safety of all children, it will be essential for you to remain in your car, unless instructed to do otherwise.
- Please approach the campus as you would for a normal pick-up, going through the parking lot to approach the chute
- Remain in your car. School personnel will meet you at your car and give you instructions.
- You will be given a Student Release form to complete and to show your ID. Know that if anyone other than mom/dad come to pick up a student we will be checking their ID with your student emergency/disaster form to insure they are authorized to pick up your child. We will not release your child to someone not authorized on the emergency/disaster form.
- We will not answer incoming phone calls or make any outgoing calls. Within minutes we will be assisted by police, who will secure the neighboring streets and the building perimeter. Parents will not be allowed near the school during a lockdown.
- Students will be kept locked inside classrooms with the blinds drawn. No one will be allowed to leave the classrooms/secured rooms on campus until the lockdown is lifted by the police.
- Once the lockdown is lifted, parents may come to the school to pick up their students.
- If you happen to approach the school and find it closed up tight, (in lockdown), return immediately to your car for your own protection. In a drill, you may re-approach the front office when you see faculty/staff walking across campus.
- If we evacuate the building for any reason, our first evacuation location will be the field.
- If we need to evacuate for an extended time, students will be moved to the Clyde Hill Campus.
- You will then pick up your child(ren) at the field off 18th street at the Clyde Hill Campus.
- You will be required to complete a student parent release form and follow the instructions given to you there by traffic and reunification teams.