BCS Memorial Scholarships
The following need-based scholarships are endowed by the generosity of the Bellevue Christian School community in memory of former BCS friends, students and family, faculty and staff. Scholarships are awarded in varying amounts up to $1,500 per school year.
Applications made by students in grades 1-12* who follow the General Application Criteria outlined below and the criteria identified on each scholarship application will be considered for awards.
*The Scott Bioren Memorial Scholarship is open only to high school students.
General Application Criteria:
- Application deadline is 3:00 pm, April 15 (or the immediate school day following if April 15 falls on a holiday or weekend); application must be received in Finance office by this deadline and must be complete to be considered.
- Application must be made each year; awards are not automatically renewed.
- Students may apply for more than one scholarship but qualifying students will receive only one award. Each application must be complete to be considered.
- Scholarships are need-based; applicant’s family must submit a financial assistance application and qualify for assistance.
- Applicant must submit an original essay each year; essay must be specific to each application. Essays resubmitted from applications made previous years will not be accepted.
- Essays should be no longer than 2 pages and include the specific criteria of the scholarship for which applicant is applying. JH and HS students must follow the BCS style sheet. Essays may be dictated by younger children; do not write an essay on behalf of a student.
- Applicant may submit only the required number of letter(s) of recommendation; letters received in excess of the stated number will not be considered. (Be sure to notify the person writing the recommendation of the application deadline.)
Each scholarship is listed below. Click on the link for the application and specific criteria.
Please contact Kay Westburg firstname.lastname@example.org in the Finance Office for more information.