Mack Elementary Emergency Procedures
If the following emergency situations occur, parents are asked to follow the procedures below to help with parent-student reunification and aid with traffic flow: (listen to local radio)
- All school personnel have been trained in Earthquake procedures. They have assigned roles and will be doing their best to care for your student(s). Our goal is the care, custody and accountability of all children.
- Assume that the school phone lines and cell phone lines will either not be working or be busy.
- Please give school authorities at least an hour to evacuate the classrooms, conduct building searches, account for all people, and organize our release process.
- Our Reunification system is designed to maintain order and provide for the care and accountability of all children. We will follow this plan methodically and document all students who are released.
- The Parent-Student Reunification process will begin as you enter the campus at the concrete sign. Stay in your car. A staff member directing traffic will give you an "Emergency Release Form" to fill out. Take one form for each child you plan to pick up. Stay in your car and follow directions to the Request Station which is in front of the Administration Building.
- Fill out the Emergency Release Form. Have photo identification ready to show to our staff at both the Request Station and the Release Station. Give the form to those staffing the Request Station. A runner will take the release forms, get your children and meet you at the Release Station that is in front of the Classroom Building. You will be required to sign a form for each child you are picking up. Stay in your car and follow directions to the Release Station.
- You will be reunited with your child at the Release Station.
Lockdown: (Intruder on campus or police order)
- All school personnel have been trained in lockdown procedures. They will be doing their best to ensure that all students are being held in a safe location on campus. Our goal is the care, custody and accountability of all children.
- In a lockdown we will not be able to answer incoming phone calls or make outside calls. Within minutes we will be assisted by police, who will secure the neighboring streets and the building perimeter. Parents will not be allowed near the school during a lockdown.
- Students will be kept inside locked classrooms with the blinds drawn. No one will be allowed to leave the classrooms/secure rooms on campus until the lockdown is lifted.
- All students and faculty/staff will remain in the lockdown mode until the police department lifts the lockdown.
- When the lockdown is lifted, parents may come to school to pick up their student(s).
Evacuation: (Bomb threat and/or police order)
Immediate and Short Term:
- If we need to evacuate the buildings for any reason, the immediate evacuation location will be the covered play area or soccer field, depending on circumstances and weather conditions.
- Depending on the conditions of the emergency, or the duration of the evacuation the Campus Commander may designate long term assembly area, or he/she may determine that the campus needs to be evacuated.
- In the event that the Mack campus needs to be evacuated, students and staff will either walk or be transported by bus to an alternate site. Alternate sites include: Leota Elementary School at 19301 168th Avenue NE, or Wellington Elementary at 16501 NE 195th Street, both North of Woodinville-Duval Road, along 168th Avenue NE, or the Woodinville Preschool site at 17110 140th Avenue NE. Parents may be informed of the alternate location by phone, email, or public media announcements.
The Reunification teams will set up at the alternate location and follow our Request and Release process.