High School students take the following tests:
- All Freshmen: EXPLORE (Pre ACT)
- All Sophomores: PLAN (Pre ACT)
- All Juniors: PSAT (Pre SAT)
- 80% of Seniors: SAT and/or ACT
Junior High students take the following tests:
- 7th and 8th grade students take the ITBS (Iowa tests of basic skills) (scroll to pages 6-8)
Elementary students take the ITBS
- Each year, all students in 3rd -6th grades take the IOWA Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) in math, reading, language, and other subjects. Test results over a number of years show that most BCS elementary students perform significantly above grade level on this assessment. When interpreting this data , note that the scores are reported as percentiles, or the percent of the population that achieved less than the given score. For example, a person who scores at the 80% percentile has done better than 80% of the other students in the nation who have taken this test. Data reported on this website reflect school scores. Student data is available at each campus of BCS.
2011 Iowa Test of Basic Skills Summary
- Our scores are excellent . While test scores are never a reason to come to BCS or any other school, they can provide helpful information to educators and parents about the extent of learning. An important note: unlike many other private schools, BCS does not use an academic admission test to exclude those students who may not score "high enough". So the ITBS test includes all students who are enrolled at our school, not just the highest scoring and "brightest" kids who have been pre-selected.