Keep updated on school wide closures and schedule changes via email, text, and voice messages with RenWeb!
School Schedule Changes Due to Weather
Snow or icy road conditions may cause us to close school, alter the regular schedule or limit transportation services. Following is a list of options to access updated information about schedule changes:
- www.schoolreport.org - Enter Bellevue Christian School in Keyword search or, select private schools then follow prompts.
- RenWeb - Update your preferences to receive phone, email, and text alerts.
All major, and most smaller, radio & television stations will broadcast information by 6:00 AM. In most cases, we will make a district wide decision. Listen for Bellevue Christian School, not individual campuses.
You will hear one of the following announcements:
- School Closed
- 10 AM start, limited transportation; no morning preschool or morning kindergarten
- On time, limited transportation. When "Limited Transportation" is used in the morning, it will automatically be used in the afternoon.
When school starts late, morning preschool, morning kindergarten, and junior-senior high activities (such as athletic or music practices) and zero period classes are canceled. Decisions on after school activities will be posted on the BCS website. All day kindergarten follows the altered schedule; afternoon preschool operates on its regular schedule.
Please remember that each family's judgment will be respected when determining whether or not it is safe to travel in their particular circumstance.
- Schedules: Limited Transportation Schedules are available from the District Office.
- Route Times: (for Bellevue campuses). Students are to be at their stop 5 min. prior to the listed time in the morning. Buses cannot wait at morning stops for late students, or afternoon stops for late parents. If the need arises, and at the driver's discretion, students will be let off a s close as possible to the scheduled stop or at one of our school family's homes with instructions to call parents. We appreciate families working together to assure the safe arrival of our students. If students cannot be discharged safely, (young children must be discharged to a school family or designated adult) the driver will keep them on the bus and return to school and call the parents.
- Late Buses: Should the bus not arrive at the scheduled morning time, a 20-min. wait is recommended.